how?

Can someone please tell me how to be a peace and get past the HATE for my son's "father". he is not in the pic at all, but of course we know some of the same people ec ect.....and everytime stuff some up i am in a total fit of hate and am grumpy for a few days......
someone please tell me how to be at peace

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 9:59 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• wow, what an excellent question. Not sure I can answer it but I can tell you that you are not alone. I hated my x for years while I struggled to rear our three children without him and without child support. I'd hear stories of him having a great time and out spending money and I wanted to run over him with my car! I guess the best advice I can give is to hate what he does and not him. Hate the behavior and not the person. The only reason I say that is to protect your karma. Sometimes hating the behavior makes it less stressful and impersonal so you can get over being angry faster than if you are angry with the person directly. Not sure if all that makes sense but it can help sometimes. It just gives you a different perspective. Not to mention it might keep you from having a stroke or a heart attack. THAT's how angry I used to get but my kids are grown now and he's with someone half his age. They deserve each other !!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 10:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If you are a religious person, prayer will help.

It is really hard to get rid of resentful feelings, and toward the father of your child must be terribly hard. We need to remember, and I have a big resentment and bitterness now toward a different matter, so I know where you're coming from, that the only person that resentment hurts is ourselves. He doesn't care that you resent him, you are the one who gets stressed and hurts and unhappy. You are the one whose teeth clench and stomach churns and blood pressure goes up. So you and I both need to take a breath and let it out slowly, letting all of that resentment and anger blow away. But it is hard.

Answer by Bmat at 10:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i know it doesnt hurt him and only me...thats why i wanna figure out how to make it stop...trust me if my thoughts could kill he'd be dead lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• knock it off!!!

help? lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• lol not really but made me laugh
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009