baby's age...

ok so ive been tracking my dd's age by "she was born on a saturday, so every saturday she is another week old"...but if i do that until shes two months it doesn't add up to the date she was born...so it won't add up for her birthday then either...rite? whats the correct way to do age? months have diff amount of days...so idk. lol. prob stupid ? im just curious

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 10:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• lol i do what ur doing
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• LMAO!!!!!!!!!! I had the saaaaame annoyance trying to figure it out. eventually i totally gave up and cheated. i check it out on www.lilypie.com so I label all my pictures "Molly is 1 year 5 months and 4 days old" lame... but I am super anal so it calms me in some sick way
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 10:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• You're right, weeks of age and months don't add up. Most people talk in weeks old until around 12- 16 weeks and then change to talking in months
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I do it by month not week. So if your baby was born on the 20th then every 20th she is another month...it made it easier for me.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• HEY hibbingmom..that is a good idea! im gonna start paying attention to that ticker thing.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 10:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I only used weeks until he was about 20 weeks, then switched to months. It gets too hard to keep track of otherwise! Now he's 23 months, and as of the 31st he will just be "2" when I'm asked!
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 10:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My daughter was born Feb. 25th and every 25th is a new month. Just keep track that way because when you get to her real birthday, that is considered her 1st birthday.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:51 PM on Aug. 8, 2009