How do I get my 5 year old to stop having wetting accidents?

Our son is 5 years old and has been potty trained since he was 3. Recently he has been having numerous accidients through out the day. I know alot has been going on, and that might be the cause of so stress, but what gets me is I will ask him to go to the bathroom or have you had an accident and he says no, but he really did. What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• It might be that he's having a growth spurt and his bladder has not caught up yet. if it doesnt stop in a week or two, i would see a doctor, just in case.
    Teejay602

Answer by Teejay602 at 8:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My son is about the same age and doing the same thing. We just keep reminding him. i also remind him that he is about to start Kindergarten and that he is a big boy and can't do that any more. I know his problem is getting distracted and not going when he needs to though. It's a bad habit he has gotten into, waiting til the last second to go and not making it. I'll see him in the floor playing and holding himself and I will insist that he go potty right then. He'll say in a min. and that is not acceptable. I tell him to go now his toys will be there when he gets back. I dunno if this helps in your case or not.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It could be a growth spurt or an actual infection. I likeTeejay's answer: Go see a doctor! Lian
    satellitesister

Answer by satellitesister at 1:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Please ask your Pediatrician...there may be medical symptoms as well as stress! Try not to make him more selfconscious about this then need be. In some cases bed wetting may be hereditary so please talk to the doctor about when this began and what you should do!
    wolfiegiggles

Answer by wolfiegiggles at 7:19 AM on Aug. 10, 2009