I just relized I'm in WAY over my head. Help? Advice?

I am having my son's first birthday party on the 23rd. I made a list of who is invited that will probably come... it's about 40 people ,that includes 10 kids under 9 years old. I have minimal money, thank god my MIL and sister are helping with food, drinks, and decorations. My aunt is doing games for the kids too. I still have a lot to buy and put together, I suck at party planning and feel really overwhelmed(sp?) with all of this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Fortunately you have help! Remember that less is more, and if you have plenty of food on hand that makes up for everything!

Answer by gdiamante at 10:31 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I love planning parties for kids. If you need any help or advice let me know! =D I'll try to help as much as I can.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:32 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Cupcones man they saved my life. its a cupcake baked into a ice cream cone, no mess except for icing and they can decorate it with little things you get from like walmart. sprinkles gummy bears jelly beans, ok well the table might be a bit messy but i put down a cheep plastic table cloth or even cut up garbage bags and throw the whole thing away. it was so much better than the traditional cake.
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 10:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• yes less is more..
    my mom used to make a cupcake and nacho bar for us kids for our bday parties.
    so all she would buy is a huge bag of nacho chips, cheese beans and some toppers for the nachos....equals nacho bar

cupcake bar = 2 different types of cake mix, 2 diff frostings and some sprinkles...easy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Have it at a park. There is no cleaning to get ready or after the party either. There is a playground to keep the kids entertained, so you don't even need any activities. I mean you can plan an activity if you want to, but don't need to because the kids will have fun playing. It is great for all ages of kids too. Bigger kids can play catch with a football and the tiny kids can play in the little kid area. Parents enjoy it too, because their kids are out being active and burning off all of the sugar from the cake before they go home.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:55 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• its summer...cook out, water guns (cheap ones) water ballons, (about 250 in a $1 pack gat a couple) kiddie pool, sprinkler....then forget about games the kids will have a blast! I did this the past 3 years for my son.
    this years we are having a karate party, but the water party was fairly cheap and easy and everyone had fun
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 10:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2009