Would you be ashamed to say you work at McDonald's?

This question was asked in a forum, and majority of replies said "No". I was just curious to see if the majority answers would be any different if people could answer honestly and annoymously..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Not at all. It is an honest job.

Answer by Bmat at 10:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• nope, i'd be thrilled to have a job right now, mcdonalds never called me back
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Yes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No...although some people like to make you feel ashamed. I wish I could get a job there now to help hubby out but I do not speak spanish which is required where I live!
    Brickhouse95

Answer by Brickhouse95 at 10:34 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would rather work at Target or Wal-Mart as opposed to Mickey D's. I have a college dregree that cost me well over $100,000. If I couldn't find a job here in my field, I would move out of state. I have student loans and bills to pay and $7.oo /hr wouldn't cut it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i would NEVER knock anyone who did work there but honestly, i would! i know that race has nothing to do with it, but being a black woman in america i feel that i must push myself twice as hard & three times as far as anyone else!
    MizzEvanz

Answer by MizzEvanz at 10:36 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I worked at McDonald's when I was 16. (1982) It was my first job, and I think it was a good learning experience.

If you're an adult who is unskilled or even if you're a college grad who lost her job in this economy, ANY job is one to be done proudly. Being on the public dole when you could get a job is something to be ashamed of...not working whatever comes along to help pay the bills.

Recently, I heard teens are having a hard time getting hired on at places they traditionally "owned" for starting out in the job market. Places like McDonald's often have 100+ applications in some areas of the country. Kids are competing with adults with years of work experience.

So, next time someone asks you if you'd like fries with that, it wouldn't be a surprise to find out they have a Master's degree in management!

Long answer to your question, but truthful.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 10:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i said it in the forum too, i would be... i know someone has to do it but i already went to college so honestly i would cry.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:39 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I worked at Burger King and it was awful. I think it was because there are so many people there who either dropped out of school with no life or someone who just got out of jail and are on probation. Trust me, someone like me who is going to school trying to mix in with people like that just doesn't work. But I also worked in a bad area in town.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No. I was called in for an interview and scheduled to work. But, the same day I also got offered an Auditing job at a store. I took the auditing job. But I would have worked at McD's if it was the only thing. It was a job. It was money and something to put on a resume. It was hard to find a job when I was an Air Force wife-they said people got transfered so often they didn't like hiring Air Force wives. Grrrrr.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009