I need ideas for a 1st Birthday Party... Halloween Theme

I am having a Halloween Party for Riley's first birthday. I need cost effective ideas for keeping everyone entertained for a few hours. Crafts... clowns... etc!

StepMom0915

Asked by StepMom0915 at 10:33 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• TOMBSTONE HOMEMADE CAKE?
    GoddessHeatherM

Answer by GoddessHeatherM at 10:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• holloween always creeped me out still does but i do love the fall season, my boys are Nov 8 and it was fairly simple.. i got fall colored eateries maroons and deep oranges dishes cups napkins etc... i made a stew and baked it in a pumpkin everything was buffette style. i didn't have any other small children at our party so i really didn't do the whole party favor bag thing but with that too be simple bubbles horn blowers easy things a child can enjoy. as for their cake i had a professional fall themed photo of them done a week prior and we had the photo on their cake and when i cut it they ate there faces.. super cute! anyways... it was fun people came from far and wide that i haven't seen for years it was great... another thing i did was have a board with another pro picture ( what can i say walmart was having a great deal) of them holding a number 1 and people signed on the paper around it... it is yet to be framed
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 10:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• One year we did aHalloween b-day party. For the table center piece I spray painted some tree branches black, anchored them into a plastic witches cauldron(sp) and hung little pumpkin buckets all over it with toddler snacks(goldfish) in the little buckets. It was a huge hit.

One of my fave things to do at a party is to have a treasure hunt outside. For little kids, I have the parents help the kids look. I just get little toys that go with the theme of the party and hide them. Give the kids a little bucket(or Craft idea: have the kids decorate a paper bag!) and off they go.

glittersteph

Answer by glittersteph at 11:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• since its a first birthday i think it would be cute to do the cupcakes that look like a cake then that way its just enough for the little kids

you could get some butcher paper and cover a table and put out some crayons and let the kids decorate their table
    Ambernrere

Answer by Ambernrere at 4:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• make "dirt"
    make chocolate pudding with crushed oreos and gummi worms all mixed together. My mom used to buy tiny terrcotta ots and lined them with cupcake papers and ut it in there then you can decorate the pots or whatever.
    KaireasMommy

Answer by KaireasMommy at 5:21 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• this is cute:
    http://halloweenforkids.blogspot.com/2007/10/its-great-pumpkinpull-apart-cake.html

You can give out puppy and kitty sets (tails and ears) as treats to the kids for a not so scary costume.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 7:24 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My sons birthday is a week before Halloween and it is one of his favorite holidays so we have done birthday/halloween parties in the past. The last one he had was a pirate theme. I went to the dollar store and got a bunch of pirate kits, one for each kid and they all dressed up like pirates. We got pirate themed "Scene Setters" and decorated the walls. Not sure how many kids would be there or the ages, but if they are at least 3 or 4 You could do decorate you own cupcakes for the kids to do, You could make a treasure map and have the kids search for a hidden treasure
    MedicMommyAnne

Answer by MedicMommyAnne at 12:50 PM on Aug. 25, 2009