How do you get a toddler to stop biteing???

Does anyone have any clue how to make a toddler stop biteing? I don't know what to do anymore I have a 21 month old little boy who refuses to listen when I punish him and put him in time out for biteing my 4 year old neice and when he bites her he breaks her skin everytime I've trying everything possible and nothing seems to work he just keeps doing it and doing it and I dont know what else to do this is my only child someone please help me!!!!!

proudmom4cj

Asked by proudmom4cj at 10:50 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she needs to bite him back or when he does it while it's still fresh walk him over and show him her bruise grab his arm and sternly bite onto it just enough to show control , by then most likely he'll wimper or laugh.. and put him in time out once or twice of that he'll be cured. show that it hurts and it's unacceptable thats all
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:02 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• But see that's the thing I have bit him to tell him that it does hurt and have shown him where he has bit my neice along with putting him in time out but he don't get it he keeps doing it over and over again and I don't know of any other way to help him get out of this stage he has been biteing for almost 2 1/2 months now and I do the same thing everytime and he still keeps doing it and today he bit my neice 4 times and broke her skin everytime and brused her as well I feel so bad but I feel so hopeless as well seeing nothings working
    proudmom4cj

Answer by proudmom4cj at 11:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009