is it ok to be scard when your about to have your first baby and you know a little about babys

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's okay to be scared to have a baby wheter or not you know anything.... i've been through giving birth once and i'm scared to death to do it again, i just hope everything goes well this time GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:00 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I didn't have a clue when I had my first. I'd never changed a diaper, fed a bottle, or even HELD a baby.

it was strange and unnatural at first but then we (dh and I) got the hang of it and somehow it worked. lol its pretty basic when you get down to the nitty gritty....Feed, change diapers, bathe, and sleep.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• yea I was scared and nervous. When I was in NICU holding my son, the nurses were surprised at how I didn't know anything at all about babies. I asked how to put his diaper on. I was scared to hold him the wrong way. I think if I ever do it again I will be so much more relaxed.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• once you hold your baby your motherly instincts immediatly kick in and you learn a lot along the way... teaching her to live a meaningfull life will be taught upon example
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It would be strange if you WEREN'T scared...parenting is the most frightening thing you will EVER do in your life.

Make sure you get yourself educated. Childbirth classes make a HUGE difference.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think most women are at least a little scared! It's a big deal, and a major life change! You're normal, honey! I agree with gdiamante, try taking a class, and also, take a newborn care class. Is there a local moms group you can join? Just being around other people who have been there can help.
    The good news is, you'll figure it out. It's amazing how much you will figure out as you go. You get very creative, and be surprised at what you thought you knew before that was way off! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2009