5 month old teething

Besides orajel, and teething rings is there any other thing I could use to ease the pain for my child?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 10:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• infant tylenol and teething tablets
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:01 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• take a clean wash clothe and wet a corner of it stick it in the freezer then let her gum on it also give the tylenol at night so everyone can sleep a bit
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 11:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• don't use orajel it actually toughens the gum's and burns them and makes it harder for the teeth to break through and DON'T use Tylenol use Motrin for inflammation, teething tablets a cold washcloth frozen food in a mesh feeder,teething gel
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• popcicles and frozen hotdogs they really help my son is 4 months old and all his teeth r pushin through all at once they work they really do
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• all his teeth? a whole full mouth of teeth...
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• don't use orajel it makes it harder for the teeth to come up. Also don't use anything frozen, (other than popsicles, etc), but teething toys aren't supposed to be frozen anymore and neither should wet washclothes. The freezing can cause ice particles on the outer parts and it can actually cut the baby's gums. Motrin can't be used under 6 months of age. tylenol and teething tablets are your best, and safest, bet.

Anarose26, my son was very late teething and is literally getting a mouth full of teeth right now. Last count he had 10 coming through, which I would consider a "mouth full" since they don't all come in until at least age 2 usually.
    mnt_2_b_mommy

Answer by mnt_2_b_mommy at 11:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My son's doctor suggested getting a clean washcloth and wetting it then putting it into the fridge for a while to cool it. It worked with my son, he falls asleep chewing/sucking on it!
    MyKidsRMyLife23

Answer by MyKidsRMyLife23 at 11:26 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• ok. Yeah I did know to not use Motrin. It also says it on the label that it is for 6months and up. I did not know you are not suppose to freeze the toys any more. I have heard about using a cool washcloth. my son doesnt fall for that one lol

He is 5 months and I can tell he is starting to get his teeth because he is chewig on everything, drooling a bit more and his gums are starting to look white :)
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:44 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• every dr i have seen and pharmacist says to NOT give Motrin....
    try teething tablets and the wet wash cloth and some cold fruits in those mesh bag thingies.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• we used hylands teething tabs and frozen wet washcloths

Answer by rkoloms at 12:11 AM on Aug. 9, 2009