What is the best convertible carseat for under $100?

I was originally thinking about going with the Graco MyRide 65 carseat for my son, but $150-$160 is a steep price at the moment, so I was hoping to find something a little less expensive if possible.

Just the other day I found a Evenflo Titan Sport carseat. I really liked it, mostly because of the weight limits (my son is a big boy, almost 18 lbs already), but when I got it home and went to adjust the straps, I noticed that the leg straps go over the middle of his thighs and are pretty tight, if I loosen it, the chest straps are too loose. The actual path the leg straps go thru is located by the middle of his thigh, so there is no way to prevent this. Every other carseat has them back closer to the seatback, not in the middle by the crotch strap. So I am wondering what would be the best seat to buy? (I am planning on returning this one to the store).

MyKidsRMyLife23

Asked by MyKidsRMyLife23 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Best seat CLOSE to the $100 mark - Evenflo Triumph Advance you can get them online for around $115
    Best seat UNDER $100 - Cosco Scenera
    Stay away from any of the 3 in 1 seats they are junk.

If you can save for it I would get the first years True Fit, they are less than the Myride I think.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My son loves this one, we acually had to bring it in the house a few time because i wanted to sit in it..... i love the seat, it cleans easly and is really nice and still mad by Graco

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10099847
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• i ment he wanted to sit in it...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8054497
    This one has GREAT safety reviews and RF up to 35 lbs. For $54 you can't go wrong.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:13 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• my dd had one like Natsnumberthree put up, except it had the girly flower seat cover lol, she liked it alot
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I would never buy an evenflo again, I had a car crash a few months ago and my son wasn't in the car luckly but once they turned the car back over i was looking at the seat and it was distroyed, the straps were no longer hooked to the seat and the base of it was broken right off.... the wreck was bad but i walked away with no scratches and the Cop said that if my son was there he probably would have not made it because of the condition of the seat
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3012739

This is a great seat and has SIP. It has really high crash test rating and has really easy adjusting straps.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:18 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• To the one that had been in a car accident...I am so sorry to hear about that, but thank you. I usually go with the graco brand for carseats, but this one looked good, had a nice price and the weight went up to 35lbs rf and 50lb ff, but I will def think twice before looking at another evenflo. I am glad you are ok and your son was not with you at the time!
    To everyone else...thanks for the suggestions. I was hoping to find a seat with at least 35lb limit rf (or higher) and at least 50lb ff...which is why I originally picked the graco my ride....I guess I will just have to save the extra I need and suck it up and by the expensive one, but keep the suggestions coming please, I am looking into each one!!! Thank you all!!! :D
    MyKidsRMyLife23

Answer by MyKidsRMyLife23 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

Your seat was probably not installed properly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009