Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I cant figure it out (kinda tmi)

Me and my son's father are not together. I still miss him. I want to move on and date another guy and be able to have a sexual relationship with someone else but I can't. I know my child's father hurt me alot (by not being there) during my pregnancy and still now (not helping or seeing how he is doing). I do not know how to get past the hurt. Do I write him a letter (because his phone is not working)? Do I hold it in and bury it deep inside?

I've spoken to his mother - trying to keep her involved so she can have a relationship with her grandson but I dont ask specifi questions abot her son because it just hurts to bad. I really want to move on but don't know where to start.

Can someone give me advice????

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (4)
  • you can't move on and sail to another port if you are anchored at the one port and won't untie the boat! Let go. If the grandmother wants to keep in touch she will but you need to quit hoping bio dad will step up to the plate. Now untie the rope and sail on to see what the world has to offer you and don't look back.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

  • Start by filing for child support and focusing on being the best mother you can.

    Answer by rkoloms at 12:06 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • You don't want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you. It would never be good. The best thing you can do is just try your best to get over it and focus on YOUR life and your childs life. Do things that would be best for you and your child. Once you start focusing on other things and quit thinking about it all the time, the easier it will be. Not saying that it will be a super easy thing to do - if you really love somebody, it's not easy but it's the best thing for you and if you can try to get over him (and his obvious ass-ness) the better off you will be. <3

    Answer by Blubuni99 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

  • Write him a letter and then don't send it. It will help you get those feelings out, but not make you more vulnerable to someone who obviously is not that in to you. The one great thing that came out of the situation is your precious baby. Focus on him and teaching him how to treat women, clearly something his daddy didn't learn. Hope it gets better soon.

    Answer by JawgaMom1 at 5:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.