Still my family too?

My husband of 17 yrs. recently told me it's over o.k so it's been hard, but my question is this..... is his/my family still mine to? All those years,I consider his niece my niece to.I miss my dad (his dad) What do i do?

flowerchid72

Asked by flowerchid72 at 11:19 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Relationships

• I have some students, elderly women, who tell me that they still have loving relationships with their ex-daughters-in-law. I'd say feel your way softly and see if they would like you to stay in their lives. You have formed a personal relationship with them, not just a DIL relationship. I hope it works out for you, and I am very sorry about the break up of your marriage. Good luck.

Answer by Bmat at 11:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If you want them too still be family, my ex inlaws are still very close,I call his dad my dad as well. so just talk to them and see what they want. sorry your going though all this.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• In my Mom and Dad's divorce (they were married 17 years) my Mom pretty much got his Sister and Niece. My Husband and I have been married 9 years and I guarantee that I will still associate with his family.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2009