when did u start using those activity mats. i have one and it says to use from birth but i think my son is still to young he is 3 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I didnt use one until 2 mo maybe. I would before that hold up rattles & shake them, sing, clap LOs hands, count toes/fingers, make faces, dance (slowly!), whatever I needed to do to get her looking at stuff & working on listening to my voice.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• I used them "from birth" but only because it gave the baby something to look at. I'd just let them lay on them while I was doing something else.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 11:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• It really depends on the child and how attentive they are to the world around them. With my daughter I layed her down on the play mat starting at 2 to 4 weeks (can't remember specifically). She was so aware of the world, she at that young of an age would reach out and bat at the hanging toys and make them gingle. Sometimes for a half hour our more. This was also the child who would only take 4 fourty minute naps during the day for a long time (she did not want to miss out on the world). Now with my son. He is a sleeper, was born two weeks early and it took him a bit of time to come out of his shell, actually about 2 1/2 to 3 months. I would lay him on the play mate, but he really did not get much out of it. He really like the entertainment thing-a-ma-bob that he sits it now (4 months today). Good luck!!
    Noble_One

Answer by Noble_One at 11:29 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My son was about 2 mo when I started using his for "tummy time". His had a mirror on it so he could look into it and see "another" baby!
    MyKidsRMyLife23

Answer by MyKidsRMyLife23 at 11:30 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My son was so uninterested in toys until about 6 weeks....maybe closer to 2 months when i started often tummy time ...but all his toys said birth, which always confused me bc he couldnt even hold anything until 3 months! lol
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 11:37 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• My dd is 11 weeks and she's JUST starting to enjoy it.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• u can always lay him on his back on it.u can give him tummy time,but not more than 1minute at a time
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2009