BACK PAIN, PERIOD LIKE CRAMPS, PAIN "DOWN" THERE...37.5 WEEKS.

could this be labor, or the early begining stages of it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first or second? To me, it sounds like early stages. But then again I might need more information to tell you what it could be.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 11:47 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• first-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Doc said I was 2 cm 75% -1 on thurs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• a lot of people say that contractions are a tight feeling around your WHOLE stomach (im one of them) do you have any of that? if so, time them!
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 11:52 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• No, I am just having HORRIBLE back pain-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• well some people have back labor and the pain is in your back and if you rub it it doesnt make it better...you should call L&D to see what they think but thats exactly how my friend described her labor process.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 11:57 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• If you have back Labor will your tummy get hard? Will they see it on the moniters?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• Im not sure, I just know what my friend told me about her labor... you should start another post asking about back labor and contractions and see who has experinced it and ask what it feels like...that way you can have a better idea of it
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Sounds like it might be back labor. For me, I didn't have bad back pain until I'd been having contractions for a bit. I dunno if you're the same one who posted about the back labor (after this). My tummy did get hard, because the uterus is contracting. They can monitor you, but if it is back labor, they will have a harder time, because the baby is facing your back. They had an impossible time monitoring my son, and once I had the epidural, they put in a fetal scalp electrode and internal pressure monitor to monitor him better.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2009