post baby back issues

I went to the doc today and she told me looks like I have arthritis of thelower back. I think it (if it was there before)got worse after my son because he put so much stress on it(before that I had a car accident which started all my back problems)...does anyone have arthitis in there back and if so what are you limited to?

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:53 PM on Aug. 8, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Definitely look into an anti-inflammatory diet.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:56 PM on Aug. 8, 2009

• never heard of that.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 12:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I have rheumatoid arthritis in my hands and feet. While pregnant, I developed horrible back pains (which was expected.) The back pains continued after birth and is still continuing. What I do to control it is take omega 3's, make sure I get all of my vitamins, get at least 8 hours of sleep per night. My doctor had me on steroids and naproxen (prescription strength, which is 500mg) to get the flare-up and pain under control. I still take naproxen. You can get that over the counter. I have heard about the anti-inflammatory diet... haven't tried that myself. Google it. http://nutrition.about.com/od/dietsformedicaldisorders/a/antiinflamfood.htm
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 10:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• with your arthritis are you able to work?
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 7:16 AM on Aug. 10, 2009