BACK LABOR?? WHAT DOES IT FEEL LIKE, DOES YOUR TUMMY STILL GET HARD LIKE A CONTRATION?

I think Im in labor, but Im not having tummy contractions- my tummy isnt getting hard, I just have MASSIVE pain in my back-
I'm almost 38 weeks with my first- on thurs I was 2 cm 75% and -1
Any idea's

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• your stomach still gets hard... its like a constant contraction that doesnt come back down.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• The pain never stops it feels like some one is taking a ice pick and stabbing you repeatly in your back and butt you feel like you are going to die and you scream for some to just cut your stomach open and take the baby out bc you wouldnt even feel it if they did bc your back hurts so back. i dont remember my belly getting hard but that was the last thing on my mind., I think you should do it though just to say you did it and survived and too know you can handle anything in the world. HOWEVER it hurt so bad that i def, got a epi with my 2nd i just dont ever wanna go through that again.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 12:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Well, for me, back labor felt like the absolute WORST menstrual cramps I'd ever had. Let's just say I was freaking out other laboring moms with my screaming at 4cm, and threw my desire for a natural labor out the window at 5 (thank God for epidurals!). Yes, your belly will still get hard, because your uterus is contracting, the back pain is just from the baby's position. I agree with the above posters, the pain never stops, it just gets worse with the contractions. Had I been able to relax a bit between contractions, I may not have had the epidural. Does the pain come and go? I found that actual contractions felt different than anything I had felt before (even early on). If the pain continues, and gets worse, I would call your doc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• if it is labor, and back labor, then get on all fours. it will help. sway and do what's called cat and cow (yoga move). your arch your back like a cat, and drop your belly like a cow.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2009