Is it rude to ask her not to come anymore?

ok my parents made a deal that they would each pay half of my 3-D ultra sound, as a birthday present for me which I didnt as for. Well it is supposed to be in a week but today my mom went out and spent all her money on her BF, so now my DH and I have to try and dig up $160 to cover her half. I am really mad that she would do this knowing how bad I have wanted one, and that her BF doesnt even care about her at all!! Would it be rude if I told her I didnt want her to go now? I just dont feel like I should share this with her if she is going to bail of us and not follow through. This isnt the only time she has picked her BF over us, she is moving with him, across the state because he doesnt want to live over here, and she also abandoned us when I was little for drugs. I thought she was different, but now Im not sure...she keeps letting us down...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• lol i would, but im a bitter betty ;]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:18 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• If you can't afford the ultrasound without her, why do you think you need it? I wouldn't let her come either.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• well i think u should just forget about her n get the money for your self n dont involve her iin any of this because if she really wanted to be in volved she owuld have sstayed true to her word with that money !
    jojosmommy24

Answer by jojosmommy24 at 12:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• o n if u cant afford it then dont get it i didnt have a 3 d n i was just as happy
    jojosmommy24

Answer by jojosmommy24 at 12:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• the important thing is seeing your child in the pic n a ultrasound is a ultrasound
    jojosmommy24

Answer by jojosmommy24 at 12:22 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• its your call all the way, but your mom is your mom and regardless of what they do.. I know your mad about the money issue but is this ultrasound something you wanted to share with her.. and is this her first grandchild.
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 12:30 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It depends. She may be all dramatic if you tell her no so if you're prepared for that drama, then I'd tell her she couldn't come. However, I'm a pushover when it comes to my mom and MY mom would start crying (if she even wanted to go in the first place) and then I'd let her go. If she's just going to keep abandoning you though, I'd tell her no. I am picking about letting my children spend too much time around my birth father or his family because they abandoned me when I was younger (up until the last couple of years) and I don't want them to get hurt and disappointed like I was.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 12:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't. Mainly because she keeps choosing him over you. Its a bit messed up.

But I agree. If you cant afford the 3d, you probably shouldn't do it. I understand it's amazing, but it's not necessary.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• people treat you the way you allow them to treat you I had an verbally abusive and neglectful mom growing up I allowed her to do this to me and be in my life until I was 22 and met my husband and he brought it to my attention how bad she makes me feel and how I shouldnt have negative people like that in my life, so she was not in my life for about a year and then she got it,now shes careful about how she treats me and shes back in my life but It would still be the same if I had not of put my foot down.I would cut her out of my life until she could be dependable and if she cant be then who needs her?
    jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 1:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I know she is your mom but just go about your own business you don't have to tell her not to come with you just tell her it has been cancelled but you go with out her bc you have to come up with the money somehow and you really want this for you. She doesn't seem to be there when you need her the most so go ahead and do what you want. Just tell her you never went and when she does find out tell her you did it while she moved away. Her loss.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2009