do you save your change??

the journal idea thing got me wondering, just how many of you save your change, what you save it in*( jar, piggy bank,etc) and what do you use it to buy?how often do you cash it in? what is the most you ever cashed in at once?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I used to save my change when I was a waitress and used a lot of cash. I got this cool jar from Pier 1 and saved it in there! When it was full it was worth about $350.00. At that time we were pretty broke so we usually had something to pay off and then maybe went out to eat.

I don't really have any change to save anymore, because I put all of our money in the bank and we use credit/debit cards.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:22 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yes we save our change and its usually used for emergency craving runs or gas...LOL
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I save it all in a plastic jar decorated with flowers I got at the dollar store.. and I save it for mad money for things like starbucks or redbull.. I take out as often as I put in these days..lol
    2boymama

Answer by 2boymama at 12:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yeah, we keep our change we use it to do laundry.. & also emergencies
    connorsmom2009

Answer by connorsmom2009 at 3:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We save change in a 5 gallon bottle. When it is full, we take it to the ban, they run it through the counting machine and give us cash. We deposit the cash in our daughter's college fund.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We give our spare change to our daughter and she puts it in a bank that counts it. Every once in a while we slip some bills in there too. And when she gets money for gifts, that goes into her savings. With the new baby coming I think we'll have to cash hers in and start over so we can split it up fairly.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 2:53 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• where in the world did u ever find a 5 gallon bottle? that sounds so neat!
    Kiki_pie

Answer by Kiki_pie at 7:45 AM on Aug. 10, 2009