Have you ever worked in a restaurant?

Ahhh, I remember working at Arby's. The meat slicer. The bun warmer. The fryers and the drivethru. Bitchy customers. Cheesy uniforms.

One time a guy came through with a MONKEY seated next to him!

O.O

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yep sure do......and sure did....lol. I work at a pizza place now but Ive worked other food service jobs and yes the customers can be rather obnoxious.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 12:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I've worked in a few. I didn't mind serving other than the few bitchy customers that tried to make my job hell, but I tried to ignore them. I made better money serving than I did after I graduated college.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I worked at Burger King, a grocery store deli, and a pie shop... burger king was fun tho..probably because I was only like 16..lol..we had way too much fun there!
    2boymama

Answer by 2boymama at 12:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• oh yeah I worked at Rubios (the fish taco place) too.. that place was so nasty, I quit over an argument with my manager about their lack of sanitation and food safety..dont eat there! lol
    2boymama

Answer by 2boymama at 12:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I worked at a steak house as a waitress. The tips were great most of the time. What is it about rich folks, they were usually  the worst  tippers.    

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 12:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i currently work at mcds and we get the craziest, pickiest people ever come in and bitch at us about how their food is not perfect.drives me crazy, but i try to ignore it and be happy anyway! its really great when someone nice comes thru and maybe gives you a compliment or something because it (a lot the time!) just makes the rest of the day better because you feel better about yourself! so next time you go thru a drive thru, be nice! lol
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 1:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i was a waitress for a year at a family type restraunt. i sucked at it. and the lady who was in chargw of the waitresses was a real b####. by the time i was there one year there was only one other waitress who'd been there longer. at least out of the girls who worked in the evenings. some of the girls who quit made a point of going in the office and telling her off. her and her hubby owned the place together but he mostly stayed in the kitchen. finally i heard he made her go into treatment for alcohol because they couldn't keep waitresses. i admitt i wasn't any good at it but they were so desperate for help they still begged me to stay. i had to say no.
    binker55

Answer by binker55 at 2:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Hey, I did that today! I've worked at Ryan's Steakhouse, a horrible Italian restaraunt, Wendy's, Subway, and Taco Bell. I just took 2 months off, and when I stepped into the walk-in cooler, the smell hit me and I was flooded with visions of every restaraunt I've worked at, kind of like your life flashing before your eyes! I think it's the nearly frozen cardboard that does it. I waited tables for 6 weeks and will NEVER do it again! My favorite was the bakery in Ryans. I remember a night when we pulled in $10,000 in just one hour. I managed to keep up somehow.
    lizlaughlove

Answer by lizlaughlove at 4:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I worked at Papa John's when I was 18 & at Burger King when I was pregnant with my last child
    DrJChappell

Answer by DrJChappell at 6:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Worked at Mcdonalds for 8 years and i Loved it, I really miss it somedays ::)
    proudmom34

Answer by proudmom34 at 8:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2009