Allergies or a cold?

I'm pretty sure my son has a cold, he is 11 months. His nose is all snotty and he is coughing out all kinds of junk. I thought he gave me his cold because I got sick 2 days after him but then my mom told me it might be the ragweed. My symptoms are a little different than his, sneezing runny nose and I get a burn/itch in my nose then it moves up to my eyes. I have never had an allergy in my life but my mom said that the ragweed is really bad this year. Maybe he is sick and I'm having trouble with allergies or I'm just reacting different to the cold?
The doctor said it isn't possible for him to have allergies yet because you need to be exposed for 2 seasons before you develop an allergy to something and he is not even 1 yet.

What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have a ragweed allergy and from now until November or December (the first real frost that lasts a few days and kills the ragweed) I am in misery. I have pressure in my face, nose and head. I have a very dry nose, itchy eyes, nose even my ears. I have a constant headache and pressure in my head. Also, there are many kids your child's age with allergies. A cold will go away in about a week, if the symptoms are still there, then it isn't a cold.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• This is a Kid's Health question. Please move it.
    devoted_mom

Answer by devoted_mom at 12:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• READ IT AGAIN. I'm not worried about me, I'm asking about kid's health, if my son has a cold and gave it to me or allergies that we both have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2009