not much movement???? worried

i am 20 weeks and i dont feel my baby much, barley any at all.. is this bad i go to the doc the17th should i go before then?? i am worried.. its been six years since i have have a child.. any thoughts or suggestions

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 12:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you can eat something or drink some fruit juice and lay down on your side or back, back may be easier to feel movement, and just relax and wait. if not movement it felt dont worry yourself, the baby is still little and you start to count kicks at the begining of your third trimester
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't worry about it. Normal - you're still early in your pregnancy. If you're bleeding, have severe cramp-like pain, THEN I'd be concerned.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• not = no
    it = is a after movement...sorry
    Dom123123

• Most wont even FEEL baby until 22-24 weeks, and you wont feel much REGULAR movement until about 26-27 weeks, Don't worry- your baby is still SOO tiny!
    JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 12:35 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• well @ 20 weeks your baby is still same and you may not feel them move much, and depending where you planceta is it can make it harder to feel plus higher fluid mean less feeling. My placenta is on my front wall so I don't feel as many movements even now @ 33 weeks. I'm sure your baby is fine, Drink a soda lay on your left side you should feel @ least 10 movements in an hour, not just kicks but any movement counts they have me doing it daily but of my placenta
    MrsCarlton

Answer by MrsCarlton at 12:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Im 19 weeks and I dont feel my baby move a whole lot, some times but not very often. I was worried but then my husband said "If there is something wrong it will always be wrong, no point in putting unnecissary stress on you or the baby" so with that I stopped worrying and relaxed.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 12:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• How much is "not much?" You may (or may not) feel movement every day at this stage, but don't be alarmed if you don't feel it every day for a few more weeks. I remember going days without feeling it, and panicking. We have a healthy son who's turning one this month, so I'd say we were fine. I know it's easy to worry about your little peanut, but I'm sure he/she is fine. =) Give it a few more weeks, and ask your doc when you go in on the 17th.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2009