Leaking fluid, but not sure if its my waterbag?

When I sit down and get up water trickles down my leg- 38 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My water never broke, so I can not speak out of experience but it does sound like your water broke!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 12:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'd call your doctor or go to the hospital just to be safe. I think that if it's enough to trickle down your leg it's probably your water leaking.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 12:57 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Sounds like your water if it is enough to be going down your leg. Your doc, midwife, or the hospital nurses can test the fluid. They have these little strips that turn color in amniotic fluid. If it was your water, congrats, you will be having a baby soon!!

Oh, you can try to get it to flow a bit more by changing positions. Lie down for a few minutes & then stand & see if you get more fluid. Bounce a bit on your toes & see if that does anything. Be prepared, you may get a flood!
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Could be. Are you still peeing as much as you normally would? If so, then it could be your water. I thought my water was pee all day long, until it turned pink (cervix bleeds as it dilates). Also, if the fluid is clear (I assume you're wearing a pad), but your pee is yellow in the toilet, good sign it's your water. Are you filling up pads within an hour? Again, probably your water. If the above is true, you might call your OB or L&D (whatever the policy is where you're delivering). Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2009