Is this harassment, if I send it one time?

I haven't spoken with my dd's father in over 8 months, but her 1st bday is around the corner.

I would like for him to attend her bday party, to see if he'll accept and be there for her.

I have his #. If I sent him one text asking him if he'd like to come and where it's taking place, is that considered harassment? Seriously.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Does he have a restraining order? If so then yes. If not then why are you worried about it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• no you are just inviting him to his dd bday party unless you were fighting with him calling him a deadbeat or just being rude or mean and you only sunt one mess, then no its not harassment
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:01 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Not if there's not a no contact or restraining order
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• its not considered harassment if u send it one time
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 1:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Not at all. And even if he tried to say it was....i think the cops would laugh their butts off.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 1:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• B/C when I told him I was pregnant, he didn't want to face responsibility and when I called him, he went to the police and told them I threatened to have his throat slit. Yep. So, he had an order of protection and it was dismissed after a certain period of time.

I had a baby by a coward and liar but I feel I have to try one time to see if he wants to be there. B/C the cops came to serve visitation petition, but I wasn't home and he never came back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• No it's being conciderate for his relationship with the child.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 1:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think texting is the right way to go. If he tried to claim harassment and you said it was via text, the cops would back you up as soon as they saw the message.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• since they dismissed th restraining order you can contact him...just send it once...if he comes he comes, if not his loss!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• not sure why yo want a piece of crap like this person in her life, or yours(which he will be if he gets involved again)? Do you really want this "family reunion" to take place at her special party?I am sorry hon but if he cared, he would call-plain and simple.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2009