is wanting a baby at 38 crazy? I'm newly married but have an 18, 13, and 12 yr old he has no kids. lately all i think is I WANT ANOTHER BABY!!! anybody regret it later?

Mrs.Z32

Asked by Mrs.Z32 at 4:40 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i wouldnt... i mean as ur child gets older they wont have mom or dad to run around with them and as u get older ull get tired of taking care of a child... my husbands mom did that at the same age and my husbands little sister gets NO attention from mom or dad because they are just to tired to deal with her
    Anonymous

• I totally disagree with PP... I will be 41 in Sept. and my son will be 2 in Oct. and I couldn't be happier with my decision. I am sorry for the PP's family, but that's the choice they made. My son gets all the attention he can stand and then some.
    I say go for it!!!
    kaseysmommy1003

Answer by kaseysmommy1003 at 4:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• You already know what it's like to run after a little one so if you are up for it I say go for it.
    dndmomof4

Answer by dndmomof4 at 5:10 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I know people who had children at age 38...I don't think there's anything wrong with it...I'd say go for it...and besides, do what you want to do!
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 5:11 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My sister just had her first at 38 and wants more! She is doing great and her son is 2 months old now! :-) go for it!
    sarajo23

Answer by sarajo23 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I think it's great if you want a baby. just make sure you have the energy for one
    blue_eyedmomma3

Answer by blue_eyedmomma3 at 6:22 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• GO FOR IT!! and your older kids can babysit!!! LOL!!
    dannersmell

Answer by dannersmell at 6:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My Mother and I see the same Fertility Specialist. I am trying for my second child (20), and she is trying for her fifth (40). Our doctor tells us that she is in perfect health and very much able to still get pregnant, carry, and deliver. I am in full support of her and excited about the possibility of a new baby brother or sister.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 8:13 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I'm 41 and I'M pregnant with #3! (My first came when I was 35.) So to answer your question, "No! It's not crazy!" and actually keeps me younger than my contemporaries my same age! I think as an older mom, you're more relaxed, sure of yourself, and able to enjoy children differently than younger moms. (Plus, like one of the PP said, you've got some built-in helpers at home too!) GOOD LUCK and GOD BLESS!
    chezkris10

Answer by chezkris10 at 10:30 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• no it's not crazy, i think it's wonderful!
    fertile1

Answer by fertile1 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 19, 2008