Soymilk drinkers, what's your favorite kind?

Like brand and flavor.I think my favorite plain is the off brand at Food Lion, but I can hardly find it. I love Silk's vanilla and plain, and 8th Continents chocolate is the best IMO.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 1:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I agree, I don't drink cow's milk either. My ex and I used to raise dairy calves with his dad for about 6 yrs...if I could get fresh, raw milk...that might be different. But store bought milk to me tastes rotten, plus I know a lot of crap that is in it that I don't want to put into my body.

I also agree that silk is about the best, although I've tried a few store brands that are good too. I like almond milk as well, the plain stuff is better then the flavored.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 3:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I usually drink regular 2 percent but when I do get my occasional soy, when im not preggo, I like silk the vanilla or chocolate kind. Its like a treat
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I can't drink cow's milk. A. I think it's nasty, and B. I'm mildly lactose intolerant and it messes with my stomach horribly.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I can't stand soy milk, but my ds loves the Silk Very Vanilla. Its fortified w/vitamans for kids. He'll drink any soy milk, but that's his absolute favorite.
    lizlaughlove

Answer by lizlaughlove at 5:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We don't drink milk, just use it for cereal and cooking. My husband likes the refrigerated Silk unsweetened. my daughter prefers the Westsoy plus plain; I prefer Rice Dream

Answer by rkoloms at 11:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I liked 8th Continent until I found out it isn't vegan. I don't buy Silk because they use poor quality, GMO soybeans and are not ethical. I really like the Kirklands brand at Costco though- it's organic and really yummy, and since it's Costco it's cheaper..
    But I also love home made almond milk- it's cheap, easy, I know what's in it (no carageenan!), and really yummy. I'll also sometimes make banana or avocado milk for baking with. Mmmm...
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:55 PM on Aug. 9, 2009