okay i know this is probably really stupid, but i thought i would ask anyway, and please no bashing.

okay i have heard that stress can make you lose your baby or go into labor, is this true, and how much stress? i mean are we talking about i got two 3 year olds and a baby that are making me crazy stress, or like a really close person to you passed, or your trying to learn how to drive a stick shift for the first time in your life stressed? these are just hypoth. here but i am just wondering?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was stressed an my baby is fine :) actually i still am stressed! an hes fine :) so im not sure if i had enough stress? or if its a myth or what!
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 1:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• good questions DO NOT SPANK YOUR KIDS IF YOU ARE PREGGO! THAT KIND OF PHYSICAL JERKING BAD!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I do think that you can loose a baby because of stress. But everybody has a different level of how much stress they can take!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 1:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Try "a terrorist is holding you hostage and just blew your three year old's brain out."

THAT is the level of stress you need.

There are NO stupid questions. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 1:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• DOnot get mad enough to move fast ,no running around either slow and steady!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• The stress that causes loss of a pregnancy is usually monumental, think of the 9/11 widows many of them were pregnant and carried to term and their stress was unfathomable. I think the stress you're describing can causes nonstop physical aches and deep sadness but less likely to cause loss of pregnancy.

When I was pregnant in one I was told I was going to die in labor, it came in the US mail from a doctor. In my third pregnancy we two kids a little bit older already we thought I had breast cancer plus I did have gyn general problems. Both times babies were fine although I felt lousy and achy, sad entire time.

Can you get massages from a place, prenatal massages? Or join prenatal water exercises? Or just join any public library. Great great free programs from toddlers up to adults. ALl free.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think that it can be a contributing factor, but I don't think that alone it will cause a miscarriage. My dad passed away last year while I was pregnant and I almost went into labor. I was having contractions (but didn't tell anyone, because they weren't bad and very sporatic), but nothing else happened with her. I think she could just sense that something was up and didn't seem to sleep until I calmed way down.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• what the he** does spanking have to do with it? My grandma would not have had 11 kids if what anon said was true b/c she spanked like none other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Well, my husband lost his job the day we got back from our honeymoon (I was 14 weeks along), and we had to move because we lived where we worked, so I had to take more shifts at the hospital where I work, which killed my back. I had to nurse my husband's bruised ego while trying to take care of myself pregnant (because I didn't want the stress to harm the baby). We had to adjust our finances big time, since we were used to having a disposable income, and no bills. It was a real strain on our relationship, and we fought a lot. We've made it through okay, and our very healthy so is turning one this month.
    Also, jerking motions won't "dislodge" the baby. My mom played racquetball until she gave birth with both my brother and me. It would take something like a major car accident to do that kind of damage.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I had a misscariage at what i thought was 12 weeks and I think it was caused by my step sister getting killed and having problems at home with my husband (my then boyfriend), I got pregnant really fast in our relationship and it was too much. I went to my sister's funeral when I came back I was due for my 12 week check-up and there was no heartbeat. I had a D & C done and at my 6 week check up I was already preggo with my 8 year old.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 3:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2009