i have a tattoo on my abdomen, will it go back to normal (from stretching) when my pregnancy is over?

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 2:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it really depends on your skin and its elasticity.... but i have one on my abdomen too... its lower left side of my stomach and its completely normal! didnt get messed up one bit!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I have a star on each hip and they didn't get messed up. It depends on how big you get, how stretchy your skin is, etc.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 3:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my roses on my stomach look horribly mangled now :( but its ok, no use crying over spilt milk
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 3:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• it depends how your skin was before preg. If you are one with abs of steel and no body fat then it will most likely be ok. but if it wasnt perfectly toned, it could shift. Also if you gain alot, your skin will stretch and there isnt anything you can do, and then it will mangle the tat. use lots of lotions with vit e and any that keep the skin soft and supple and it will help.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2009