does the palmer's tummy butter work??

EheartsZ07

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 3:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• stretch marks are from genetics, no lotion can change that but it will help keep your belly moisturized
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• nope but it smells really good and it makes them lighter
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• No... lol
    i know i said in your last question my tattoo didnt get messed up, but i got mad stretch marks around it!! and on my legs.
    Truth be told...if you are going to get stretch marks there is nothing to stop them. if you arent going to get them, then you wont.
    Its a toss up... and it kinda sucks if you do get them but its so worth it in the end! and mine faded fast.. its been 6 months and theyre barely noticeable and i got them VERYYY bad. my dr even said "Oh i feel so bad for you..." yah that pissed me off.
    anyway! mine faded quickly.. some people say tanning makes them worse, mine look WAY better since ive been tanning...theyre there but darker like my skin now and not silvery.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Nope! If you have stretchmarks already, you'll likely get them. Just try to stay hydrated, but ultimately, if you're going to get them, you're going to get them. I have stretchmarks everywhere, but only got a few during my pregnancy. I was worried I'd get them terribly. Maybe the next one will make up for it. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:06 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I used that uncle bee's or burts cocoa butter.... and it worked... by my mom never got stretch marks and I got on on my boob. I think it is more genetic than anything. But it won't hurt to put that on!! Also, my mom had vitamin E tablets (that I never used).
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• NO! I wasted sooo much money on that and my belly still looks like I had a ton of Mac Trucks racing on me. Use vitamin E tablets, they work A LOT better and they don't cost a lot. Granted, they won't make them go away, but you'll see a huge difference in the way they look.
    piercedbeauty21

Answer by piercedbeauty21 at 9:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• obviously doesnt work and many women agree. Finally at 9 months I was introduced to vitamin E oil. Pure vitamin E and no mess with the tablets. The oil is thin, smells good and helps minimize the look of stretch marks. Stretch marks are genetic and you cant help that, but the oil will help them not look so bad.
    militarygirl83

Answer by militarygirl83 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i have to disagree with the genetic thing... my mom's belly is covered in stretch marks, my sister didn't get any & neither have i (this is my 2nd pregnancy) i think the tummy butter helps improve the elacticity of your skin
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• yeah i would have to disagree on the gebtic aspect my mom had me and my brother with the a year of each other and the only stretch marks she got was on her boobs...no me on the other hand didnt get any stretch marks intill after i had my dd and they r just little ones going across my lower tummy the rest of the stretch marks i got r from puberty not pregnancy
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 11:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It's not the product, it is the vitamin E. Vitamin E helps the skin heal, moisturizes, and lessens the appearance of stretch marks if they occur, and over time helps them fade. Virgin Coconut oil and raw shea butter have a lot of vitamin E. Be wary of lotions, if they are over processed their healing effects are destroyed. Go natural oils.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:29 AM on Aug. 9, 2009