HOW DO I POTTY TRAIN A BOY??

MY SON JUST TURNED 2 IN APRIL BUT I AM STILL HAVING TROUBLE POTTY TRAINING HIM....MY DAUGHTER WAS NOT THIS DIFFICULT AT ALL...

hottmom87

Asked by hottmom87 at 3:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• they say most boys dont grasp the concept or that they aren't ready till they are closer to 3-5. ive also been told that boys learn better with daddy and girls learn better with mommy mostly cuz of the "parts" i think?? my son is only 16 months but is showing no interest so im not gonna try it yet
    nevaehsmomma83

Answer by nevaehsmomma83 at 4:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My two boys have been SO different with this. I started Nathaniel shortly after he was a year. He got the hang of it right away and would hold it until we put him on. Unless we forgot-then he wet his pants. He continued that - not telling us or taking himself until just a few weeks ago. He is now 3 1/2 and has been taking himself and we have very few accidents!!!! Yay! My Daniel LOVED sitting on the toilet at 2 years but for about 4 months NEVER did a thing. He has just started going. A big thing for both of them was putting them in real underwear so I knew as soon as they were wet.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• When they have an accident I make them take the wet pants off, sit on the potty, and then dress themselves in dry underwear. Both of them struggle with the underwear and don't like doing it themselves. I just tell them mommy will help them when they don't wet their pants. It's been months but I finally feel like we are having success. Daniel is 29 months.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:43 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• He is still young you will probably have to give it time. My son and most other boys I know weren't potty trained until they were closer to 4 and some even after they were 4. Does he seem ready? Like is he taking his diaper/pull up off when he uses the bathroom? Does he go into the bathroom and try to use it?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 11:19 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My mom and me have a method for potty training in ONE day! You get a toddler potty and a pee baby doll. You turn off all your phones and any other destractions lockign yourself in the kitchen. Than the WHOLE day you feed them light snacks and juice. Take the baby doll and show them the baby doll is using the potty making it a game and than continually put them on the potty saying your turn to go potty. You do this back and forth all day ONLY talking about "potty". Eventually they will get it all completely down and u can stop. Soemtimes it takes a few hours sometimes it takes all day. Once you think they got it down they are not allowed another diaper again and if they make an accident we make them clean it up making them not wanting to EVER do that again. Im doing this with my 2yr old very soon :) WOOHOO for no more diapers!
    EliseMichelle

Answer by EliseMichelle at 3:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009