To all pageant moms!

I am considering entering my daughter in her first pageant soon. She is six months. What have been some of your pageant experiences? What are some good tips about doing pageants? And does anyone have any infant dresses for sale?

JocelynsMama1

Asked by JocelynsMama1 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• your going down a very bad road and you loss alot of money and never break even. but it's your child so good luck. Why do you need the world tell you that shes cute you all ready know it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'm not doing a high glitz pageant, its a small fair one so its not expensive. And I feel that its a fantastic way to earn money and scholarships for college, as long as your child knows that inner beauty is what counts in making friends and being successful.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 8:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'd have to agree with the first answer. I have 2 daughters and I know they're beautiful. Strangers don't have to tell me that! Especially when you have to put a pound of make up and hairspray on your infant! It's just not right. I just think that's too much preasure to put on a child. The parents always love it more than the children. Do you really want to put a little child in competion. The kids aren't even in competition....THE PARENTS ARE! Sorry for being so forward but this is a subject I've always felt very strongly about. I don't mean to be rude. Everyone just has thier own opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Um, anonymous 8:58 did you see that the op said it's not a high glitz pageant? So presumably her daughter won't be wearing hairspray or a ton of makeup. It seems like when a lot of people hear the word pageant they automatically see red and make a lot of assumptions that really aren't fair. Most pageants aren't glitz. Most pageant dresses are considerably less than $100 dollars. And believe it or not, lot's of little girls really enjoy being on stage and performing! Imagine that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• 6 months old?? You haven't even enjoyed her as a baby and toddler yet and you already want to get the poor little thing wrapped up in that?? NO good comes from those things...even if it's a little one...that's not what a mommy/daughter relationship should be about. and how will you teach her that inner beauty is more important if you are teaching her to compete to be the cutest?? doesn't make sense to me...and you have plenty of time to worry about scholarship money. Pretty sure it's not a scholarship she's winning at a fair. Let kids be kids
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:08 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• at that age all you have to do is put on her dress and show her off lol GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I dont see the big deal in the non glitz pagaents. Its just for fun.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 11:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Gotta love the people who think they know it all. Lol. If you are still into pageants with her try Sunburst USA, reasonably priced and fun and all natural. :)
    angelgirl0225

Answer by angelgirl0225 at 9:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2010