Has your husband ever imposed any rules about the way you should dress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Sometimes he'll ask me to wear a specific shirt or he'll see something in a store that he thinks would look good and he'll ask me to try it on. Usually I'll do that because it generally doesn't matter to me what I wear. If I have a good reason not to wear what he wants I'll tell him and that's OK, it's just a suggestion.

He'd never tell me not to wear something low cut or too short or whatever because he'd never need to. I respect him and the rest of my family (myself included) so I wouldn't go out dressed like a slut anyway.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:35 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• no and he would get smacked if he did!
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 9:24 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yes, he keeps trying to make it a rule that I stay naked 100% of the time.... neve gonna happen, but he keeps chancing it, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yup, he has. I hate it. He flips out if I wear makeup or perfume, with or without him. Also I am pregnant right now and he likes that way better...because no man would look in my direction. My father was the same way with my mother, and still is.
    Anonymous

• Well my husband told me he does not like low cut shirts and short skirts. And I never wear any thing like that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• anon 925.. hes controlling ur dad was and now ur with the same thing!
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Yup, my mom set the example for us in a way. I married my father in a way....but I'm working my way out of this marriage so I can break the cycle.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'm sure hubby would like if I dressed more feminine, but I've always dressed this way and he knew that then. If he tried to change me.....he'd get a laugh and a "Keep Dreaming".
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• no - he might let me know sometimes that he doesn't really care for something I'm wearing but he doesn't tell me I can or can't wear it...and because of that, I usually will respect his opinion and most of the time I wont wear something that makes him uncomfortable.
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 9:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• he dosen't want me to wear low cut tops but i don't anyway so that's never been a problem
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 9, 2009