Yeast infection home remedy? help!

do you know of any home remedies for yeast infections? thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Health

• Take acidopilus daily, its a probiotic. Also if you use plain yogurt that will help, just coat it with a tampon and insert it. Sounds gross but it works. Also you could try inserting a garlic clove at night it helps as well. I make sure to eat yogurt daily and take probiotics and I rarely get yeast infections anymore. They used to be a recurrent problem for me. Best of luck.
    Princefan6684

Answer by Princefan6684 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• oh wow thanks so much for the info!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'm sorry but those home remedies are hysterical! You shouldn't be using a tampon when you have a yeast infection. And I don't think inserting a clove into your vagina will do much more than gross you and your partner out! If you can get to the doctor, ask for a script for fluconazole(diflucan). It's a one time does and you do have to worry about any nasty monistat leakng out all day
    msfila1980

Answer by msfila1980 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Garlic works Great... I used it when I was preg. Do it at bed time, because as soon as you insert it you will taste garlic... Strange but true, I did it for 3 day and the infection was gone, and after I day I felt so much better.

You can also mix water with some apple cider vinegar, and use it to wash the outside helps with the itching.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I eat the yogurt and have rubbed it on the vulva area but never had the nerve to insert it although I did read about it online years ago. Never heard of the garlic but it you are hurting enough I'm sure a person would try anything. It can't hurt.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:19 PM on Aug. 9, 2009