We go every Sunday to Church. DH decides to invite his ex and his son. Am I crazy or should I stop thinking that there is something fishy going on here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• For anyone telling you your wrong for questioning it or you have issues, they have clearly never been in the situation. It pisses me off when people act like the new wife has to be super human. Or "get over it" because there are children involved. We still have feelings and feel put off when we feel like the ex wife is being brought into OUR marriage. Children or not. If this is something you do with your husband there is no reason for his EX wife to be there. Period. How would you feel if it was just a "female friend"? You wouldnt want this person intruding on your time with your family. New wives always get the shit end of the stick. Its NOT wrong for you to want this to be time for you and your husbands "new" family.
    Goldie_And_Luke

Answer by Goldie_And_Luke at 11:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I dont think so. If you're christian, perhaps he just wants to help them get closer to God. Is there bad blood between him and his ex? You and his ex? If not, I'm sure he's just being nice. I mean, his son is there too.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Maybe he wants to spend extra time with his son, and if it is while she has custody, then he needs to invite her too. It's church, not the local club. Then I would think you should get a little suss!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• If you feel uncomfortable ask your DH if he could just bring his son.
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 9:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'd be feeling the same thing.. I understand it's just church but if he is on such good terms that he's inviting them to church with him why can't he just ask if he can take his son to church and then drop him off afterwards if he wants his kid to go to church so bad.
    Have you asked him why he invited her?
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:01 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think the bigger question is, why are you feeling insecure in your relationship?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• What, do you think he is gonna bang his ex AT CHURCH with you and his kid present? Get real! LOL He probably wants his son to go to church regularly, just like you do. The only way that will happen is if the ex is on board.

You should be HAPPY your SS is attending church with his dad, whether or not the ex is there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• First, you might want to ask yourself, why you are uncomfortable with this. If you and your hubby are truly Christians, then you should also want them to be (if they are not already). The place of worship is just that - a place to worship. Remember, it is not just about you. He has a son who has 2 sets of parents. It is important that he see that all of his parents get along and work together. What better place for that than at church. Unless he is sitting with her instead of you, I don't think I would let it bother me. I would be happy they are there. I, personally, would love it if my hubby's ex and daughter came to our church. But they live about 16 hours from us. And they don't go to church at all.
    Leslie2164

Answer by Leslie2164 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It's not the worst place for you husband and his ex to be meeting up...
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 10:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'm sorry, I disagree with most of the replies here. You should definitely trust your instincts as a woman. You're a wife and mother - so many women find themselves in bad situations because they've learned not to trust their own judgement. They have learned to feel guilty for standing up for themselves. Your husband should be more sensitive to you than to invite his ex to your church. Not only does this make you uncomfortable, but it also gives the appearance of wrongdoing. Whether or not his intentions are honorable, the Lord says that we are to avoid even the appearance of evil-doing. We are to avoid things that would arouse suspicion. We are also to avoid situations that could lead to temptation. Your husband should take his son to church with you. You and his son are his family now. He is not responsible for the spiritual welfare of his ex. But he can be an example to her and others if he handles the situation properly.
    Nancy68

Answer by Nancy68 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2009