If you knew a crime was committed in a house for sale would you use this information to convince the seller to low the asking price?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I might suggest it could ba a problem but you can't make a person list their house at a certain price only make suggestions. I would think if you explained that the information had to be noted by law that they would be able to figure out that a lower price would be a draw. Many would have a problem living where someone was murdered.
    In fact, I think if you pressured them into doing it you could open yourself to a lawsuit in the future.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I wouldn't want to live in that house, especially a murder there. I lived near a house where a family and neighbor boy was murdered in Ca., That is just me though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'd try. lol. Depends on the crime.. If it was a murder or suicide, then yeah. (Sounds so bad to say that) Only because people seem to think it puts bad light on the house. If it was just a robbery or something lke that, then I wouldn't bother.
    Anonymous

• You could. But in my case I not going to live in a house with history of a crime. No way! But I should never say never LOL
    bringin

Answer by bringin at 9:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Oh my.....Bwahahahahahaha! Please, try to be smart,okay?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Guess I'm wierd, living in a house where a crime had been committed wouldn't bother me, but would I use that to try and lower the price? OH HELL YEAH ON THAT! Who wouldn't use anything they can? If you don't want to live in any certain house, why are you making an offer?
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 9:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It wouldnt hurt to try. Just like paganmama, it wouldnt bother me to live in a house where a crime had been committed.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:00 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Well, unless the seller was the one who committed the crime - no. I can't take advantage of people that way. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I wouldn't want people to take advantage of me, so.....
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2009