How do you report someone who you know that is using the welfare system?

They claim that they cannot work but everyone knows that they can. This person has said out loud that they can work but choose not to. It is a mystery as to why nobody has reported them sooner.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Cant help you there... where i'm from you cannot receive welfare unless you have a job. Of course, unless there are medical exceptions.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• By the way, if the welfare program is giving this person welfare knowing they dont have a job.. then what abuse is that person doing? Sure, it's unethical, but its not illegal.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:01 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We have something called the GRAMMA program here. It's a program to help low income families pay for childcare so they can work. I think its a great idea. There are long waiting lists yo get on the program. When I worked at a daycare we would see people come though who NEEDED this program but couldn't get on and so were paying 75% or more of their pay check to daycare just so they would have some income. Then we have the people who would come in that we KNEW were overqualified to be on the program who knew people in the office where it was done and we knew others who just flat out lied! We TRIED reporting them and got NO where. The GRAMMA people either didn't care or just had too much on their plate.

I hear people on here all the time screaming about what business is it of ours what people on PA do...well..the money is limited (shocking I know) and so when people abuse it those who NEEEEEED it lose out!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• mom0f, thats why our assistance programs need some MAJOR reforming.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 10:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I turned my ex sister in law in for welfare fraud. She was working under the table as an escort making good money at it. She paid cash for a Mercedes and sent her kids to a private school. She bragged about making 8k a month. I think she made at least that she worked nightly my brother had custody of the kids and she was out everynight. I had the misfortune of living across the street from her. She was collecting disability, cash assistance, food stamps and medical. Her disability was her depression from the divorce. She was out cheating on my brother and caused the divorce. She went out the night she filed and got drunk and 9 months later had a baby and has no clue who the father is.

She got kicked off assistance. My brother got a letter a few weeks ago about transferring their daughters disability payments to him. His ex had been getting 1200 a month for her. It helped with her therapy and medications.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Anon :54, now that's true abuse of the system right there, and i'm glad she's no longer bringing in money that has no right being given to her.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:03 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• what is their incentive to work when money is being given to them for not working? It's like unemployment. Some ppl use it while they find work and some ppl live off of it like it's their permanent income and refuse to find a job (lying and saying they are searching for one). One thing about welfare is that if they are not eligible they cannot receive it. There are those who quit jobs to receive it bc they "net" more money at the end of the month if you add in F.S. as part of their income and insurance (no longer paying high insurance premiums while working but getting medicaid). Just bc a person won't work doesn't mean he/she is commiting welfare fraud. You can call the welfare office and talk to someone if you feel there is an injustice though

Answer by admckenzie at 11:47 AM on Aug. 9, 2009