If you shop for clothes....

When you go shopping for yourself and/or for your kids, how often do you do it? Where do you get the money? Do you have it left over after bills? Do you use a credit card and if so, do you pay it off monthly or does it just pile up? Please answer honestly.....Im doing an essay for school about what people do with their money, what they spend it on,etc.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Shopping

• we make about 7grand a month bills are about 4grand spend about 2 grand n clothes stuff for house dinners movies a month
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 10:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We only buy what we need, on sale or clearance, at second hand shops, discount stores, garage sales, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• And I use a debit card that gives me points for free gift cards ( 2 $50 Starbucks cards this year)

Answer by rkoloms at 12:43 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I shop every weekend, all bills are paid first and no we do not use credit cards. I do not buy second hand for my family my girls and I wear name brand stuff.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• After we pay the bills and rent then we buy what we need for us and our son but now then we just save up.
    LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 3:07 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Other than just recently because I'm pregnant and had to get some maternity clothes, I normally buy clothes with my birthday money. My dad and my in-laws usually give me money for my birthday and I go clothes shopping. Occasionally throughout the year I'll buy an article of clothing or two but nothing major or expensive. And I just use whatever money is in our account at that time. Our baby isn't here yet, so I have no answer for you there. We've bought her two things, a onesie and a shirt. The rest of her clothing has been gifts or clothes my stepmom bought at yard sales. We really lucked out there because I think she has more clothes than my husband and I combined.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:50 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We make alot of money and spend a lot of money.My husbands car is owned by his co.,he is the pres., but we have mine and 2 kids cars and related expenses,cells for all 4, clothes food allowances,beach house etc.To stay on budget we now pay for everything almost with the am.ex. card- nothing on the revolve.We have another one going to college in two weeks so between setting her uo,driving up with herand flying up plus clothes shopping for school it will be atight month.So we may charge some on credit card and pay it off next month.We are always putting up money for college ,Our state college room, board and tuition around 20,000.00 a year that doesn't include sorrorities etc.Thid daughter is going out of state to play on a golf team.they have offered a partial scholarship so now it onlyhaha costs about as much as in state.Benifit of am.ex. is free point program last yr.bought uggs free,cameras for all4 kids free.We save all
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• My 3 older kids get money from their real father. SO I buy everything out of that. I go once a month and spend around $300 a piece on them. WIth my other 2 I spend DH Bonus checks on and get them what they need or I want to buy. That happens every 3 months. ANd I spend about $300 a piece on them also. My kids wear nothing but name brand and I am working on DH witht hat, I really do not care I am very picky about what my clothes look like so if something is the look I want I do ot care what label is on it. The only thing I have to have are name brand purses.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:06 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• We get my daughter clothes whenever she needs them. The only thing we are really strict about being name brand are her bookbags (we are done with those cheap ones that break after a week) and her sneakers (same as the bookbags). So usually every other week during school she's getting a little something. At the begining of they school year we get her about 200 in necessities, then we just keep on adding to it.

For myself, I go when I need to. Usually I will save up about 1000 and go on a little shopping spree.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:05 PM on Aug. 10, 2009

• when we get clothes, its usually a seasonal thing. And we go after the bills are paid and usually its only a top or two for each of us each payday. I think i can safely say im the only girl who only has 2 pairs of shoes, tennis shoes and flip flops.
    not that I wouldnt like more, just have bigger priorities right now. always in cash, never on credit.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 2:53 PM on Aug. 10, 2009