pierced ears?

Does your young daughter have their ears pierced? If so how old was she when you had it done?

My daughter will be 3 in October, she has started showing an intrest in my earrings and is always asking to wear them. I had mine done when I was 4, but I don't know if I should go ahead and get hers done, or wait until she is older. What do you think?

lalasmom8

Asked by lalasmom8 at 10:18 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had my daughters ears peirced at 10 weeks. I know a lot of people think thats crazy but i feel its better to get them done early. She never had a bit of trouble out of them and from day one didnt care if you touched them to clean and turn them or anything. I had mine done at 4 and they got infected several times because I always messed with them. In the end I had to have them peirced a total of 4 times. I see nothing wrong with getting your daughters ears peirced just if you do make sure she doesnt mess with them.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 10:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I don't think there is anything wrong with it..I have a 5 month old and people ask me when I'm going to get her ears pierced - my answer is when she asks for them! So if your daughter seems like she wants them and you don't have an issue with it I don't see why not.
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i would never ever get an infants ears pierced .. your doing it for yourself then.. not for the child..no need at that time! i honestly cannot stand moms that do that to infants! but i think 3 is ok:)
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 10:26 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My neice is three and just got her ears done. She's been really great with them, and just loves them...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 10:27 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i'm not getting my dd's ears pierced until she asks, she's 3 & shows no interest
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:34 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• ana if you can't STAND mothers for that you need to grow up a bit. There are worse things in the world happening.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I would wait until she's old enough to make that kind of lifelong decision. People always say "they'll grow back if she doesn't want them," but they don't ever go away. I did some petite modeling when I was a teenager and having pierced ears was always a hindrance. When my daughter went through the 3-4 yr old "girlie" phase I got her some stickon earrings so she could wear them without having scarred ears for life.

Answer by missanc at 10:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I'd go with stick on or clip on earrings till they are at least 7 or 8 and can take care of them themselves. I've seen kids loose part of their ear because it got infected through neglect at a young age.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:50 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my oldest was about three or four...she showed an interest too so i called the piercing place.....make sure there are two people on duty that can pierce ears, and have them do BOTH EARS at the same time. I didnt do this...and it was a nightmare...i got one ear done and she screamed bloody murder and wouldnt get the other one done...so daddy had to come down and hold her in his lap cause she ALSO didnt want to remove that one earring...lol SO with our second daughter when she showed an interest we made sure we got both earrings done at the same time...the only rule we have with our daughters is that they are not allowed to remove the starter earring even after they healed untill they were old enough to do it on thier own...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I had my daughters done at 3months.... She is now 7yrs and has never played with them or have taken them out.
    kathynej7142007

Answer by kathynej7142007 at 10:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2009