What do you DISLIKE most about being a mom?

I love my DD and love being a mom, but I still HATE getting up early on my days off!
6am like clock work everyday!!!

jmpeskie

Asked by jmpeskie at 10:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in General Parenting

• lol i will have to agree 630am wake up calls still stink!
    anarose26

Answer by anarose26 at 10:22 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I hate having an alarm clock, IE my daughter. She gets up somewhere around 7:30 to 9. Usually 7:30 >:( I didn't work for half of my pregnancy, it was so nice to be able to sleep in till noon. It was a real shock when she got here.

I also have sleep apnea that I've had diagnosed but haven't been treated for yet, so I'm completely fatigued during the day. Every day, all day, for years and years and years, I've had this problem. I also have depression and anxiety, probably stemming from my stupid ass sleep apnea. Hopefully I'll have more energy and will be happier once I get it under control.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I was a morning person before so I actually love the mornings with her! What I dislike most - I have two things - one, the fact that I worry all the time now and two, the unsolicited parenting advice! When I ask for advice, great. But when I don't, people need to trust I'm doing a good job!
    cdecker83

Answer by cdecker83 at 10:31 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• For me...its feeling like I could do better. I am one of those people who never feels like I am doing a good enough job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Oh yeah, that's a great point. As if I didn't hate myself enough BEFORE I got pregnant, now I have all these people that I don't even know criticizing my parenting! Great! Reeeeeal self esteem booster there.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:32 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I hate having to be the sensible one all the time. I want to yell at my teens and say - "inside my head I'm still 17 too" I sure don't feel old enough to have this responsibilty - frankly couldn't believe it when they handed me my son and told me to go home and raise the poor thing. And yet... 15 years later he's still here and they didn't ask for him back... go figure!
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 10:32 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• The mess. I had to live in a extremely messy house growing up and now I really dislike being in a messy cluttered house.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• i agree with MythicMMM, the mess, but that comes with being married to my husband too lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Poop
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:44 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Having to go through anxiety attacks and flashbacks of my painful childhood due to PTSD all over again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Aug. 9, 2009