Has one of your kids said or done anything to really hurt your feelings?

I crochet whenever I get the chance too which isn't often. Anyways for my oldest sons' birthday he wanted some stuffed animals ( the are called amis) one of the projects that I made him was a snail. I was working on a lil house for it to live in which was a pear. But as I was loading up the camera to take a pic of Austin with the snail for my crochet group I am in. My youngest boy wanted to hold it. So of course Austin couldn't allow that and was fighting with him over it. Tore apart the snail. I was so upset I undid the pear too. I was bawling for hours. I worked so hard on that snail.

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 10:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thanx for the support @@
    sweetpea532

Answer by sweetpea532 at 12:25 AM on Aug. 10, 2009

• omg, kids will do that, wheter it is something you made or something you bought, don't let that get to you that's silly
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My son told me that he wished I was a robot cause I would be the coolest mom...made me very sad :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I was thinking that a teenager had said something mean. Then as I was reading I was thinking that he said he didn't like it but they were fighting over it because they liked it! I would be upset but not crying my eyes out. While I would be upset about them tearing it up, I would feel really good that they liked something I made that much.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree with kc932. They loved it. If you have time, why not make them both one and give it to them at the same time. How old are they? Sounds like they might be a bit young to appreciate the work you put into yet. So try not to be too hurt as I doubt it was intentional. I know it sucks to work really hard on sometime and see it destroyed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my ex's youngest said to me once 'i wish you were my mummy' it didnt hurt me but it might have his mother but as far as i know she didnt really give 2 hoots about her kids
    IREHS85

Answer by IREHS85 at 12:33 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Ive had the hate you by my oldest(he's 5). He's also been mad at me that he didnt get his way and said some very mean things that broke my heart.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2009