Did you know Ronald Reagan spoke out on socialized medicine?

Weather you liked Reagan or not this is worth listening to ladies.

link below

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:27 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• They talked about that in the movie Sicko and Bill Mahar talked about it on his HBO show.
    LolaCherryCola

Answer by LolaCherryCola at 10:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I didn't like Reagan, anyways.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I just had to crack up at the part about how nobody should ever tell anyone where they have to live or work. Military anyone? ;) Sure, we volunteer for it, it just made me chuckle. He made it sound that noone in America should ever have to deal with that.
    soldierswifey05

Answer by soldierswifey05 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Wow....we have been warned, and the people voted it down the last time it was up because we dont want socialism in America.
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 11:37 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Military is a bit different but I get your point soldiers.However.that is voluntary...what some want to inpose on us all would not be voluntary.We would be forced.No to socialism
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:40 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Oh, Ron Reagan, the guy who made unprecendented cuts to funding for homeless services and children's services? Google "Reagan" with "homeless" and see what you get. The guy who nearly capsized America with his military spending? You know what's really wrong with this nation? All the bullsh*t partisanship. Everyone's so invested in their "teams" and making sport heros of their politicians. No wonder it's so hard to get anything of value done.
    21stCenturyMom

Answer by 21stCenturyMom at 11:56 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Hasn't anyone here been relocated by their company with the caveat of go or be gone?

My husband has an Executive position and is 50+ years old. Anyone here thinking that you walk away from this kind of job, virtually committing career suicide, is out.to.lunch.

Yes, the choices, bad or worse????
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I LOVED President Reagan! I wish we had someone in office like him! He had true character and integrity. Things BO has no clue about.

MemawBrie

Answer by MemawBrie at 12:09 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• He had true character and integrity
    __________________
    Reagan did not have character and integrity! Are you all so young you didn't see him lying on the stand during Iran Contra? Repeating "I can't recall" with a smirk? Do you even know what that was about? Look it up! Reagan did not care for the elderly, mentally ill, or poor. The VA under his admin suffered huge setbacks and deficits, so he didn't even care about the vets. Jeez people, look past the goofy grin and the make-up and look at what the man did! All of you saying Obama was elected because he's a "movie star" type better look at Reagan's record, and quit quoting the party line. The man was a menace, and had no respect for the American people--or the Constitution, with his illegal wars.
    In other words, I don't care what Reagan says about socialized medicine.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2009