Spit up

My son is just over 4 months old and for the past few days has been spitting up more than usual. I breastfeed and he has also has been latching, but has been getting very distracted and pulling away and then wont latch again and will only take a bottle. I have plenty of milk...so I dont understand why he's pulling away and also spitting up. He's on solids now, but it's not happening after he eats that, only breastmilk. We havent had any previous problems with it and its always been hard to get him to let go of me lol. Any help is appreciated!

Ness87

Asked by Ness87 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-26 Credits)
  • had your diet changed? he may not like the taste of the milk if you're eating something a baby would find gross... if he won't take your milk try (*GASP*) formula
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• also if the baby is swallowing too fast they are getting too much air, that can cause that too :))
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 10:46 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I would stop solids until 6 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• the doctor told me to start him on solids..
    Ness87

Answer by Ness87 at 8:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• my daughter is aliitle over 4 months as well and she is on solids my doctor recommended that.. she has acid reflux and spit up all the time maybe you should get him checked because acid reflux can start at anytime with a baby so just to ease your mind i would take him to the doctor!
    Slimgirl1981

Answer by Slimgirl1981 at 11:09 AM on Aug. 12, 2009