Switching from formula to milk?

When switching from formula to milk, is there a certain way to go about it?

Should I offer the milk as often as I would offer the formula?

Or is there a certain amount of times in a day that I should offer milk?

About how much milk in a day should my lo be drinking (once she turns 12 months). ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i mixed my dd's 1/2 and 1/2 then gradually added more milk and less formula
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Once the baby stops drinking formula there is no need to drink milk. The baby can eat milk products if you want like cheese and yogurt. My kids have never had a glass of milk in their lives. Human kids don't need cow milk.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 10:58 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• cow milk isn't going to kill them, don't listen to her, if you wanna give your baby milk, give your baby milk
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• "Human kids don't need cow milk."

What??? I've never heard that before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• When my son switched to milk, he was only getting one bottle of formula per day. It was when he was 12 months old. I stopped giving him a bottle all together and gave him milk in a sippy cup with his meals and diluted juice in between. My son won't drink much milk, but he will if he's really thirsty. I think it's supposed to be something like 16-20 oz per day, but if she's not drinking that much you can substitute it with other dairy products.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• um most dairy contains cow milk...so that makes them not drinking cow milk kinda pointless cause your kids are getting it anyway...hehe

but yes slowly adding milk to formula is the BEST way...dont do cold turkey because they might be shocked by the difference and wont accept it...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 11:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• My son LOVES milk. I didn't have any problems switching him. I gave him cow's milk during the day, and then got his formula in his cup before bed... This worked out fine with us. I agree with anon, don't listen to Gaill.... She tells me I want to be a good mother, but don't have the skills to do it.... I think she just likes to argue...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I mixed the half formula and half milk for a couple of weeks, you baby does need milk in some way shape or form, if you don't believe this ask your doctor! I love when some one asks a simple question and users try to make it their own platforms, ie.. belief systems.. I did notice once my son was on milk a lone he did not have as much gas, don't know why LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:27 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• No Gaill obviously only alien kids need cows milk.
    Seriously human kids don't need cows milk? I think that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
    Human kids do need cows milk especially whole milk because it has fat that they need to grow.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 2:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2009