Suggestions for traveling

We are taking a trip tonight to Florida. Leaving at night with an 8 month old, and staying on the beach for 6 days. It's a 10 hour drive. Any suggestions to make the trip easier?? Or any tips on staying awake??
Also, something you think I might forget for the beach?? lol, I always forget something, its nice to have someone remind me and my husband can barely remember himself.

sweetjpea

Asked by sweetjpea at 11:02 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hmm...
    I would say maybe some snacks packed, energy drinks or coffee drinks, favorite music, some toys or car seat toys for the baby... lol.
    There's not much you can bring with a baby so young.. :]

As for the beach... hmm, basics? Clothes for everyone, spread out blanket, towels, sunscreen, little munchies, formula, bathing suits, good book?, errr... shampoo/conditioner, etc...
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 11:15 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I haven't taken a road trip with the baby, but we flew to California and spent alot of time at the beach. I would make sure I take a beach blanket much better then putting baby on a beach towel more room to play and move around. Take an umbrella or a tent for a comfortable day at the beach, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a little sunhat. Take lots of snacks and liquids to stay hydrated. Maybe some toys, and enjoy the day.

geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 11:16 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• As an ex military wife I've done A LOT of road trips with both my very young daughters and it's honestly not an easy task. Snacks are a must! It helps the kids stay occupied. Singing songs with tem and bringing lots of toys helps 2. Some stops here and there really help to. It will make the car ride seem a lot shorter for the little one.
    girlsmomma06

Answer by girlsmomma06 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think traveling at night will be the easy part (with a child that young). I would definitely suggest a tent for the baby for the beach, though.
    Bensmommy611

Answer by Bensmommy611 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 9, 2009