Can you help with a professional resume?

I am currently creating a resume and have been with my current employer for over a decade. I cannot seem to create a solid resume - any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• Hire a resume builder they take some time and effort but I know someone who can do it probably before Monday, she did mine and I feel so much more confident. She charge's anywhere from 30-50 depending on what u already have together and she will require an online chat with u and maybe even a phone call. She was able to do mine that same day for and expedited 10 dollars. Let me know if u want her information, o and she can take payment over paypal.
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:41 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly. –Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 12:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Do you have microsoft word? They have templates that will help you. If you don't, look some up online and follow the pattern. Essentially, you need to tailor your resume to the job you are applying for-- so you might need 3-4 different kinds depending on the job. The basic sections you'll need are education and work experience. If you have relevant volunteer experience, that should be last. You don't want it to be any more than 2 pages, and if you only have a little experience, no more than 1 page. Start with most recent experience/education first and work back.

Forget the "objective" portion-- everyone knows what your objective is, and you don't need to state it.

Good luck!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• A strong summary, however, written in a human voice, is very important.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:39 PM on Aug. 9, 2009