When can you give them juice?

My baby is 8 wks and I know shes to little but I was just wondering how old they are supposed to be before they can have the half and half juice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would wait for at least 6 months to a year, only because when they are that little they need as much nutrient dense food as they can get. They may feel full and LOVE the taste of the juice, but it is providing few calories and little nutrition. :)
    LisaPisa

Answer by LisaPisa at 11:14 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I would wait until about a year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I started my son around five months, but I'm pretty sure 6 is the advised age
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:21 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• We started a little before 6 months because of constipation- but it never became a regular thing until 7-8 months. Now she'll get a little watered down juice about 3-4 days a week. Especially when we go outside in the hot summer heat- to give her something to stay hydrated and cool.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Most new school doctors or those right out of medical school are advising that a child wait as long as possible, well into toddlerhood, before introducing juice. Juice is sugar and not necessary for proper development.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Why do you want to give your baby juice? It is nutritionally unnecessary. My daughter was 3 the first time she had juice (it was beet and apple).

Answer by rkoloms at 2:10 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Eh, I'm not a big fan of juice. But, if you are, I'd say very diluted, around the time you introduce solids.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 2:47 PM on Aug. 9, 2009