Why is my dog the center of attention for other dogs needs to hump?

My dog is 3/4 standard poodle and 1/4 golden retriever. He looks mostly like a black standard poodle and I don't give him frilly haircuts. He is neutered. Whenever we go to dog parks or get around other dogs, it seems like just about every male dog wants to hump him. My dog is a bit of a loner and doesn't really play with the other dogs, when the other dog bark at him and want to get on top of him he just goes about minding his own business and just walks away. He's so mellow. He will only bark back in defense if another dog bites him. My friends male dog was complete out of character around him, barking and trying to get on him. It was so strange. Why is my dog always the center of attention for this disgusting behavior?

AngelPuff1012

Asked by AngelPuff1012 at 11:25 AM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pets

• humping is another way dogs dominate each other. They see him as the weaker and submissive dog so they do this to let him know they are the bosses over him. Unfortunantly, nothing will change unless your dog gets some confidence in himself. You can helpthat by not babying him when he looks scared or worried, meaning let him rescue himself I guess. But if he isnt bothered, just try to shoo the others away...would gross me out too. I dont know tho, shooing them away is still protecting yourdog so I guess jsut see what works best. good luck. But at least I answered the why part lol.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:28 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• He probably smells goooodddd, Lol
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 11:36 AM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I agree with the first poster. The more submissive the dog is the more a dominant dog will dominate.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 1:20 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• As the first poster metioned humping another dog is a sign of dominance not sexual interest. Your dog is a submissive dog. There really isn't that much you can do. They are just reminding your dog that he's not the boss.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:42 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• LOL... Well that's seems kind of bully-ish. Dogs are so funny. I can't believe my sweet little Max. I don't step in normally for fear of being hurt myself and I wish Max would stick up for himself!
    AngelPuff1012

Answer by AngelPuff1012 at 4:44 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• First poster is correct.......too bad we dont have sexual harrassment for pets now huh..i honestly feel bad for your pup :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Aug. 10, 2009