He's a great dad...not so great husband

well my husband and i got married young, and had our daughter not long after that. well he used to be kinda 'iffy' about the whole daddy thing. but then he got into his routine, and now he's a great dad. but sometimes i wounder 'what about me?' i seriously want another baby terribly bad, like the urge to have one. and we can't afford it. and so i thought maybe get a puppy? to help my urges, and he wont allow it. he says we don't have the money for a puppy($350.00) but where im from a dog thats 350 bucks is cheap!ne ways, he tells me to get over it, nd that the baby thing is all in my head. and that i just need to get over it. and then when i ask him to try and be more interested in 'the bedroom' he just ignores me. we maybe do 'it' 1 time every 3 months. i feel like he doesn't love me anymore... any ideas on how to get him to be a better husband?

Wife_Mommy_18

Asked by Wife_Mommy_18 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• i would like advise and how to MAKE him be a better husband too
    do not think you can mkae anyone change unless they want to
    but it would be nice if one could
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• There is a book called For Better or For Best by Gary Smalley that teaches women how to get husbands to be better husbands. It's a quick read. Maybe that can help you. Check your library and see if they have it

Answer by admckenzie at 12:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I am having DH issues too, but as far as the dog goes, what about adopting one? There are so many great animals that need good homes and adoption fees are usually really low! Sorry I can't help with the real issue though!
    ArmyMom2oneboy

Answer by ArmyMom2oneboy at 12:25 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Tell him "If you wont give me another baby then I will find someone else that will"

Seriously, I know what you mean...I get baby blues all the time and my relationship sucks...its in limbo. My son is from a deadbeat but the guy I am with is a deadbeat as well...not dad but boyfriend.

Tell him you want to compromise with him or you can just get a dog...350 is a lot when you dont actually have the money but maybe you can find a free or cheap one and just bring it home...he can deal with it or kick it to the curb...most likely he will fall in love with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• "If you wont give me another baby then I will find someone else that will"

seriously anon :32? really? thats childish.and very immature..never talk aboutcheating on your hubby to get another child...that could come back to bite you in the ass REAL hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Aug. 9, 2009