My daughter is almost 11 months- can I give her V8 Splash?

Some days she doesn't get as many fruits as she should, someone recommended V8 Splash to help with giving her fruits and veggies, is she too young for that? Does anyone else give this to their children? (I'll water it down of course!!)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think there is nothing wrong if you water it down a bit, I gave my son juice when he was 10 mo but just added water....
    Korysmom96

Answer by Korysmom96 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• just watch if you give them any cituis juice, this was the only thng that gave her diaper rash
    tomato juice is acidic too i think, so if she gets diaper rash after she has this, then you know what from
    boredmom44

Answer by boredmom44 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• To what the previous poster said about tomato juice- V8 Splash is different from regular V8. Splash is more of a fruit juice. It does have a serving of veggies, but it just tastes like fruit. Anywho...My DD LOVES it! Plus it's much better for them than regular fruit juice which is mostly sugar. So yeah, it's fine. Just make sure not to give her too much, my doc (and WIC) said no more than 8oz of juice per day.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:49 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think that it may be too acidic. Conventional tomatoes are very high in pesticides and should not be given to a child under 6 (only organic until then)

Answer by rkoloms at 2:05 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Now is a good time to introduce a bit of water. Water is a healthy habit and should be the primary beverage starting at age 2.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:06 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Fruits arent really that necessary at that age anyway. I prefer the V-Fusion because it actually has a serving of fruit and vegetable in one glass. Less sugar as well.
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 2:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2009