Anyone else out there have this problem?

I'm 40 weeks 2 days and I can't stand or sit in any position for longer than 5 min without getting dizzy and short of breath. Lying down is literally the only position I can do, but I don't want to lie down constantly! My doctor said the baby is bigger than normal and they are looking at inducing me, so I'm wondering if maybe its the baby pressing in on me and causing this? If so what can I do? Anyone have any ideas that worked for you?

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 12:17 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• stomping on the vena cava can restrict blood flow and make you lightheaded, bah no fun
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Have you talked to your doctor about your symptoms? If not I would do that right away- that doesn't sound safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• It's just the position of the baby, pressing on your lungs. When he/she drops it will be a world of difference! And believe me I feel your pain...My DD was born at over 42wks.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 12:53 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Unfortunately, according to my doctors the baby has already dropped. I was wondering if maybe he is pressing on a vein or something that can cause these symptoms?
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 1:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2009