• In the Spotlight:

Becuse the discussion was nixed........

"We've got some work to do. I don't mind, by the way, being responsible. I expect to be held responsible for these issues because I'm the president," Obama said. "But I don't want the folks that created the mess -- I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them just to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess.

"I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking," Obama said

Do you find this statement to be further proof that Obama is trying to control the msg and what people are allowed to say? Do you think he should make a list of the people who are allowed to have input on these matters so we know who IS allowed to speak?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 12:31 PM on Aug. 9, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I definitely believe it is his way of controlling and instilling fear into those who wish to speak out. One step closer, America... better do all the talking you can before the words you speak and write are controlled too.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:32 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• pppffft no I dont think it is anyone trying to control what is said! I think it has to be taken in context which is that troublemakers run their mouths and cause alot of crap that others(liek the president) then have to clean up. What he is saying is basically"havent you done enough damage with your mouth already?"I see nothing threatening in anyway about what he said. or at least what you quoted. If you look for negativity you are going to find it in even a perfect situation.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:36 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• He is saying put up or shut up. That means, he is not in the mood to listen to a bunch of rhetoric and lies, he want to get something accomplished. People that are turning this into a free speech issue belong in the same spaceship as the birthers.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:38 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I think that any answer someone gives isnt going to make you happy as you apparently dont like the president. But the fact that you are taking these words and then saying "should he make a list so we know who can speak" is snide and childish.why dont you take a vacation to north korea so you can learn what it truly means to have a leader tell you what you can and cannot say....be grateful for your country that allows freedom of speech for everyone even (gasp) OUR PRESIDENT.
    He was elected, he is the president, get over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• But Bear....how does he choose those who are responsible? By party? BOTH parties voted in Bush's stuff. By who was in Congress at the time (the new people get a pass)? Well, THAT includes Obama and Mrs. Clinton. By popularity? Well in the last 2 yrs of the Bush presidency the senators had a lower approval rating than BUSH.....and OBAMA was one of them! So who EXACTLY is he asking to step aside and stop talking?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:40 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• welcome back Anon...is that you? ;)

see previous response...and in the other anon question.....HOW DO WE KNOW WHO SHOULDN'T talk??

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:41 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• stacy I listened to the entire speech and I must say if you could not clearly hear what this man was doing something is wrong.He has been inciting his suporrters and union thugs to do whatever they have to in order to stiffle the opposition.He knows exactly what he is doing.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• Anon- we wont have to make the trip to North Korea... We'll have North Korea coming to us ;)
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:45 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• I could careless who on here calls me a loon.crazy arse right winger whatever.Sticks and stones and all.I believe myself to be wide awake.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:46 PM on Aug. 9, 2009

• "He was elected, he is the president, get over it. "

oh and there we go again.. the famous "get over it" line. I wonder how many non-bush supporters "got over it" when he was in office for 8 years? Next time some question marks b*tches about how Bush "single-handedly ruined the economy", ill just have to use that wonderful line... "get over it".
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 12:52 PM on Aug. 9, 2009